Premier Equine Rubber Universal Bit with Lozenge
- The universal bit combines poll pressure with leverage and is ideal for those who require a little more control.
- The double jointed, durable rubber mouth piece with copper lozenge offers a higher level of comfort in the horse’s mouth.
- Copper lozenges help to distribute pressure over both the tongue and bars of the mouth, encouraging mouthing and contact.
- It also helps to prevent pinching of the lips and around the bars of the mouth whilst reducing the nutcracker action of a single jointed bit.
- Ideal for horses that need a touch more braking power but are perhaps sensitive in the mouth.
- Also known as a continental bit, it works by raising the bit in the horse’s mouth in a similar way to a traditional gag but without the same severity.
- Poll pressure can be applied by using the lower rings.
- A softer option to the three ring Dutch gag, this bit is ideal for riders who need a little more control when jumping or doing fast work but don’t need massive amounts of poll pressure.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- Bit strength: Moderate.
Rubber Horse Bits
- Rubber covered bits generally have thicker mouthpieces making them softer and ideal for horses with sensitive mouths or those who do not like metal bits.
- Our rubber bits have been heat treated to make them smooth to the touch and more durable.
- May not be suitable for horses with small mouths or a large tongue due to the thicker mouthpiece.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
4.5″ & 5″ – A=15mm & B=110mm
5.5″ – A=15mm & B=135mm
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.