Premier Equine Blue Sweet Iron Universal Bit with Brass Alloy Lozenge
- The universal bit combines poll pressure with leverage and is ideal for those who require a little more control.
- The blue sweet iron mouthpiece oxidises easily which creates a warming sensation and a sweet taste in the horse’s mouth, helping them to accept the bit.
- Please note that the blue colour will fade with use, this is normal.
- Also known as a continental bit, it works by raising the bit in the horse’s mouth in a similar way to a traditional gag but without the same severity.
- Poll pressure can be applied by using the lower rings.
- A softer option to the three ring Dutch gag, this bit is ideal for riders who need a little more control when jumping or doing fast work but don’t need massive amounts of poll pressure.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
4.5″ & 5″ – A=15mm & B=115mm
5.5″ – A=15mm & B=130mm
Blue Sweet Iron Horse Bits…
- Blue Sweet iron bits oxidise easily which creates a warm sweet taste in the horse’s mouth, encouraging them to salivate.
- Some horses often prefer the warm sensation of sweet iron compared to stainless steel which is naturally colder.
- Sweet iron bits are therefore ideal for sensitive horses or horses that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.
- Double jointed, blue sweet iron mouthpiece with brass alloy lozenge
- Exerts poll pressure with a limited gag action
- Ideally used by experienced riders
- This bit is NOT BD Legal
- Bit strength: Moderate
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.