Premier Equine Blue Sweet Iron Loose Ring Snaffle with Brass Alloy Lozenge
- This bit is part of the snaffle family and is generally a very mild bit with a gentle upwards action which helps to raise the head and neck.
- The loose ring cheeks offer a greater range of movement than a fixed cheek which can help to discourage fixing and leaning.
- A double jointed mouthpiece with brass alloy lozenge helps to distribute pressure evenly over the tongue and bars of the mouth whilst aiding salivation.
- Blue sweet iron oxidises easily which creates a warming sensation and a sweet taste in the horse’s mouth, helping them to accept the bit.
- Please note that the blue colour will fade with use, this is normal.
Blue Sweet Iron Horse Bits…
- Blue Sweet iron bits oxidise easily which creates a warm sweet taste in the horse’s mouth, encouraging them to salivate.
- Some horses often prefer the warm sensation of sweet iron compared to stainless steel which is naturally colder.
- Sweet iron bits are therefore ideal for sensitive horses or horses that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.
- Double jointed, blue sweet iron mouthpiece with brass alloy lozenge.
- Can help to gently raise the head and neck.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is BD Legal.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.