Premier Equine Jointed Flat Ring Eggbutt Snaffle
- This is a good choice for horses with a small mouth or a large tongue because the slight curve of the mouthpiece reduces the nutcracker action and helps to prevent the bit from coming into contact with the palate.
- Fixed Eggbutt cheeks help to reduce vibrations down the reins, giving a more stable feeling to the horse.
- A single joint puts pressure on the lips and bars of the mouth.
- The thinner mouthpiece gives a slightly strong action but is still mild enough to be used by novice riders.
- Made from stainless steel, which is the most common material used for horse bits, it is durable, easy to clean, tasteless and does not rust.
- A great all-round bit suited to many horses.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Eggbutt snaffle cheeks.
- Single jointed, stainless steel mouthpiece.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is BD Legal.
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: 4.5″ – A=15mm & B=55mm, 5″ to 5.75″ – A=15mm & B=75mm, 6″ – A=17mm & B=75mm
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.