Premier Equine Hollow Mouth Eggbutt Snaffle
- This Eggbutt snaffle has a hollow mouthpiece, making it very lightweight.
- Hollow bits are wider in the mouth which means they exert pressure evenly over the bars and lips.
- The Eggbutt snaffle has fixed cheeks which can be useful for horses who are unsure of the bit because it moves around less in the mouth.
- A single joint in the centre puts pressure on the outside of the tongue, lips and bars of the mouth and creates a nutcracker action which can have a lifting effect in front.
- Made from stainless steel, which is the most common material used for horse bits, it is durable, easy to clean, tasteless and does not rust.
- A great all-round bit suited to many horses.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Eggbutt snaffle cheeks.
- Single jointed, stainless steel mouthpiece.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is BD Legal.
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: A=21mm, B=70mm.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.