Premier Equine Jointed Rubber Bevel Bit
- The Bevel bit is a modified loose ring snaffle that allows the rider to apply an intermediate degree of leverage and can also help to promote a correct outline.
- The single jointed, durable rubber mouth piece offers a higher level of comfort in the horse‘s mouth whilst still applying pressure to the bars, lips and sides of the tongue.
- Similar to a three ring/Dutch gag but with less leverage, making it an ideal bit for horses who require more braking power than a regular snaffle.
- The rubber mouthpiece makes the bit warmer and therefore more easily accepted by sensitive horses.
- Two leverage options – attach reins to middle ring for a mild action or to the fixed point at the bottom for more leverage.
- Bit rings are larger on the 5″ & 5.5″ so that the bit remains in proportion with the horses head.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- Bit strength: Intermediate.
Rubber Horse Bits
- Rubber covered bits generally have thicker mouthpieces making them softer and ideal for horses with sensitive mouths or those who do not like metal bits.
- Our rubber bits have been heat treated to make them smooth to the touch and more durable.
- May not be suitable for horses with small mouths or a large tongue due to the thicker mouthpiece.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
4.5″ & 5″ – A=15mm & B=55mm
5.5″ – A=15mm & B=65mm
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.