Premier Equine Brass Alloy Bevel Bit with Lozenge
- The Bevel bit allows mild leverage and offers a little more control, promoting responsiveness and correct head carriage.
- Teamed with a brass alloy mouth piece this is an ideal bit for horses that need a touch more braking power but perhaps have sensitive mouths.
- The double jointed mouthpiece offers a higher level of comfort in the horse’s mouth as it helps to prevent pinching of the lips and bars of the mouth, whilst reducing the nutcracker action of a single jointed bit.
- A central lozenge helps to distribute pressure over both the tongue and bars of the mouth, encouraging mouthing and contact.
- Brass alloy is formed when copper is alloyed with a harder metal, this produces a warm and durable material which is perfect for horse bits as it can aid salivation and be more palatable to the horse.
- Two leverage options – attach reins to middle ring for a mild action or to the fixed point at the bottom for more leverage.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- Bit strength: Mild.
Brass Horse Bits
- Brass alloy bits are warm, durable and they encourage the horse to salivate as well as easily accept the bit.
- Ideal for a range of horses, especially those that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
4.5″ & 5″ – A=16mm & B=55mm
5.5″ – A=16mm & B=70mm
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.