Premier Equine Rubber Full Cheek Snaffle with Lozenge
- Full cheek snaffles are useful for green or young horses as they help with steering.
- The bit shanks create a positive action against the cheek of the horse when asked to turn, providing gentle guidance.
- Full cheek shanks also prevent the bit being dragged through the horse’s mouth.
- The double jointed, durable rubber mouth piece with copper lozenge offers a higher level of comfort in the horse’s mouth.
- Copper lozenges help to distribute pressure over both the tongue and bars of the mouth, encouraging mouthing and contact.
- It also helps to prevent pinching of the lips and around the bars of the mouth whilst reducing the nutcracker action of a single jointed bit.
- Ideal for horses that need a touch more braking power but are perhaps sensitive in the mouth.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is BD Legal.
Rubber Horse Bits
- Rubber covered bits generally have thicker mouthpieces making them softer and ideal for horses with sensitive mouths or those who do not like metal bits.
- Our rubber bits have been heat treated to make them smooth to the touch and more durable.
- May not be suitable for horses with small mouths or a large tongue due to the thicker mouthpiece.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
4.5″ – A=15mm & B=125mm
5″ & 5.5″ – A=15mm & B=160mm
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.