Premier Equine Fulmer Snaffle
- The fulmer snaffle is a loose ring variation of the full cheek bit.
- Loose rings make the bit much more moveable in the horse’s mouth, which is suited to horses that need the assistance of a full cheek but also have a tendency to lean or fix on the bit.
- This bit can be used with keepers on the bridle to help keep the cheeks vertical.
- The winged, full cheek shanks assist with steering whilst the single jointed mouthpiece has a lifting action and applies pressure across the lips and bars of the mouth.
- Made from stainless steel, which is the most common material used for horse bits, it is durable, easy to clean, tasteless and does not rust.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Loose ring full cheeks (winged shanks).
- Single jointed, stainless steel mouthpiece.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is BD Legal.
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: A=14mm, B=180mm (shank) 55mm (ring)
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.