Premier Equine Mouthing Bit with Keys
- Mouthing bits are commonly used when breaking and training a horse.
- The keys, also known as players, are designed to encourage the horse to mouth and accept the bit and they can also offer a calming distraction to the horse.
- Pressure through the mouth does not change very much and the bits action is mainly across the tongue and lips, it does have some pressure on the bars of the mouth depending on the size of the horses tongue.
- The loose ring discourages the horse from leaning or fixing on the bit.
- Ideal for horses who are very soft in their mouths and don’t like complicated mouth pieces as this bit is very gentle.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Loose ring cheeks.
- Straight bar, stainless steel mouthpiece with keys/players to encourage mouthing.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is NOT BD legal.
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: 4.5″ & 5″- A=14mm & B=38mm, 5.5″ – A=14mm & B=51mm.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.