Premier Equine Loose Ring Waterford Bit
- The Waterford mouthpiece is comprised of a series of ball shaped links, making it completely movable in all directions.
- This is particularly popular for combating issues such as leaning, taking hold of the bit and jaw setting.
- When the horse tries to take hold of the bit the mouthpiece collapses, leaving the horse with nothing rigid to take hold of.
- The mouthpiece works to distribute pressure over the tongue and bars of the mouth.
- Coupled with simple, loose ring cheeks this bit is ideal for stronger horses who are known to lean or take hold of the bit.
- Should be worn 1/4″ – 1/2″ wider than standard to work effectively.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Loose ring cheeks.
- Stainless steel Waterford mouthpiece comprised of moving ball links.
- Can help combat problems such as leaning, taking hold of the bit and jaw setting.
- Ideally used by experienced riders.
- Bit strength: Moderate.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: A=18mm, B=65mm.
- The C measurement is taken between the first chain links at either end. It does not correspond to the full length of the mouthpiece.
- Needs to be fitted 1/4″ – 1/2″ wider than standard.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.