Premier Equine Brass Alloy Tom Thumb Bit with Lozenge
- The Tom Thumb bit is a cross between an American gag and an elevator bit.
- It offers more precision and control and is very popular for show jumping and cross country.
- It has a lifting effect in front which can assist the rider in helping to sit the horse back on its hocks, enabling tighter turns and more efficient jumping.
- The uplifting action combined with poll pressure can also discourage horses from leaning on the bit.
- Can be used with one rein on either the snaffle ring or the lower ring or alternatively, for increased precision, with two reins.
- The lozenge in the centre of this bit contours the shape of the tongue and helps to reduce the nutcracker action of a single jointed bit which helps form a soft contact, allowing clear aids to be given down the reins.
- Brass alloy is formed when copper is alloyed with a harder metal, this produces a warm and durable material which is perfect for horse bits as it can aid salivation and be more palatable to the horse.
- A useful bit for horses that tend to lean against the riders hands.
- Exerts poll pressure.
- Ideally used by experienced riders.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- Bit strength: Moderate.
Brass Horse Bits
- Brass alloy bits are warm, durable and they encourage the horse to salivate as well as easily accept the bit.
- Ideal for a range of horses, especially those that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.