Premier Equine Brass Alloy Hanging Cheek with Waterford Mouth
- The Hanging Cheek is a fixed cheek bit which helps encourage flexion, making this bit is especially useful for horses with a high head carriage.
- Can also be useful for horses that are unsure of the bit as it has limited movement in the mouth.
- The Waterford mouthpiece is comprised of a series of ball shaped links, making it completely movable in all directions.
- This is particularly popular for combating issues such as leaning, taking hold of the bit and jaw setting.
- When the horse tries to take hold of the bit the mouthpiece collapses, leaving the horse with nothing rigid to take hold of.
- This hanging cheek Waterford is ideal for stronger horses who may also have a high head carriage.
- Should be worn 1/4″ – 1/2″ wider than standard to work effectively.
- Ideally used by experienced riders.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- Bit strength: Moderate.
Brass Horse Bits
- Brass alloy bits are warm, durable and they encourage the horse to salivate as well as easily accept the bit.
- Ideal for a range of horses, especially those that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
Please note: The C measurement is taken between the first chain links at either end. It does not correspond to the full length of the mouthpiece.
To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.