Premier Equine Blue Sweet Iron Loose Ring Mullen Mouth Snaffle
- This is the only common snaffle bit that does not have a joint. Instead it has a slight curve and a medium port mouth which creates a mild action by applying pressure evenly across the tongue rather than the more sensitive bars and lips.
- The absence of a joint means there is no nutcracker or pinching action which makes these bits commonly used on horses with sensitive palates.
- The combination of a mild mullen mouthpiece and blue sweet iron material makes this bit ideal for leisure riding or hacking on more sensitive horses.
- The lack of a joint means this bit will not typically aid in lateral flexion, which is needed for dressage and jumping.
- Blue sweet iron oxidises easily which creates a warming sensation and a sweet taste in the horse’s mouth, helping them to accept the bit.
- Please note that the blue colour will fade with use, this is normal.
As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows:
Blue Sweet Iron Horse Bits…
- Blue Sweet iron bits oxidise easily which creates a warm sweet taste in the horse’s mouth, encouraging them to salivate.
- Some horses often prefer the warm sensation of sweet iron compared to stainless steel which is naturally colder.
- Sweet iron bits are therefore ideal for sensitive horses or horses that need encouragement to mouth and accept the bit.
- Loose ring cheeks.
- Blue sweet iron mullen mouthpiece with medium port.
- Bit strength: Mild.
- This bit is BD Legal.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.