Premier Equine Studs for Road Work and Harder Ground
- These studs have been designed for road surfaces and firm, dry ground.
- The studs simply screw into a preformed hole within your horse’s shoe made by your farrier.
- All of our studs require a preformed hole of 3/8” Whitworth standard thread.
- One size -Set of 4.
How to Apply the Stud
- Before applying the stud it is important to ensure the preformed hole is clear of debris.
- It may be helpful to use a stud tap to help clear away any excess dirt.
- Start by screwing the inner stud, turning it clockwise using your fingers, ensuring the thread of the stud neck enters the hole evenly.
- Once the stud base is in contact with the shoe we recommend using a spanner and giving the stud a final quarter turn to secure in place.
- You should always consult your farrier and vet before fitting studs.
- Damaged studs should always be removed immediately.
- We advise that studs should be removed immediately after riding.
- Studs should be introduced to your horse slowly and not used for prolonged periods to ensure your horse becomes used to the altered traction given.
- Your stud kit should contain a variety of different shaped studs to suit your horse’s needs, a stud tap to clean the thread in the stud hole before use, an adjustable spanner and stud plugs.
- Stud holes should always be plugged when not in use to prevent stones and debris from entering or damaging the hole.
- We advise that you check your stud holes the day before a competition to ensure the threads on the shoe are intact and the studs will apply correctly.
- After use, ensure you clean and store your studs in a dry place.
- We advise the use of stud plugs to ensure the preformed hole remains clear of debris.