Premier Equine Port Mouth Weymouth Bit Set
- This Weymouth and Bradoon set is specifically designed for use on double bridles which are often worn for showing or dressage (Elementary level and above).
- The set includes a loose ring Bradoon with a single joint that allows more movement than a fixed cheek bit and is ideal for horses that are prone to leaning and fixing.
- The single joint Bradoon has a nutcracker action which works on the bars of the mouth and the lips.
- The Weymouth has a straight bar mouthpiece that offers a more consistent action and acts on the tongue and the bars of the mouth; the port allows extra room for the tongue.
- The Weymouth has some poll pressure and used in conjunction with the curb chain, applies curb groove pressure.
- The Weymouth is also used to refine aids and to encourage a horse to sit back on their hocks in order to perform more advanced movements.
- This set requires two reins, one attaches to the snaffle Bradoon and one attaches to the Weymouth bit.
- A curb chain is included and can be used with a lip strap (not included) in order to keep the curb chain flat.
- Double bridles should be used by experienced riders and are designed for horses who already perform well in a snaffle.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Set includes: 1 x Single Jointed Loose Ring Bradoon Snaffle, 1 x Medium Port Mouth Weymouth Bit & 1 x Curb Chain.
- All bits made from high quality and durable stainless steel.
- To be used with a double bridle.
- To be used by experienced riders.
- Bit strength: Moderate-Strong.
- This bit is BD Legal (For use at Elementary upwards).
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: Weymouth – 4.5″ to 6″ – A=14mm & B=125mm, Bradoon – 4.5″ to 6″ – A=14mm & B=55mm.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.