Premier Equine Medium Port Mouth Pelham
- Pelham’s have been designed to be used with two reins, one attached to the top ring (snaffle) and one attached to the bottom loose ring (curb), which is used when needed for extra leverage.
- Can also be used with rounding’s attached to a single rein so that the mouthpiece and the curb come into action at the same time.
- The medium port arches over the centre of the mouth, creating more space, which is ideal for horses with a larger tongue.
- The small ring above the curb is used for a lip strap which is not essential but is correct for showing and it helps to keep the curb chain flat.
- Pelham’s are ideal for stronger horses who may benefit from the activation of the curb rein which puts pressure on the bars of the mouth, chin, poll and the roof of the mouth to help promote correct head carriage.
Stainless Steel Horse Bits
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used material for horse bits as it is durable, easy to clean and does not rust.
- Some of our stainless steel bits feature copper mouthpieces which help to create a warming sensation and encourage the horse to salivate and accept the bit.
- Stainless steel bits are suitable for a wide range of horses and are available in many designs so that you can choose the right bit for your horse and discipline.
- Stainless steel mouthpiece with medium port.
- Can be used with two reins or rounding’s attached to a single rein.
- Ideally used by experienced riders.
- Curb chain included with purchase.
- Bit strength: Strong.
- This bit is NOT BD Legal.
- As per our size guide the A & B measurements of this bit are as follows: 4.5″ – A=14mm & B=115mm, 5″ & 5.5″ – A=14mm & B=130mm, 6″ – A=14mm & B=140mm.
- To promote good hygiene and protect the longevity of your horse bit we recommend the following care regimen after every use.
- Rinse your bit after every use under a tap to remove any saliva or debris on the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to wipe any excess debris off of the bit, paying particular attention to joins and hinges.
- Leave to dry naturally.