Equine America Cortaflex® Recovery Powder 1.5kg
- Targeted nutrition to support the rapid recovery of the musculo-skeletal system, promoting optimum performance and health.
- Provides potent joint and muscle support for racehorses and competition horses, through a unique combination of collagen, amino acids, hyaluronic acid and trace elements, delivering the important nutritional building blocks to support joint, tendon and ligament health.
- Provides high levels of support for the horses’ own anti-inflammatory processes from Boswelia and Curcumin.
- Provides a powerful range of antioxidants, including Vitamins E and C, as well as plant-based ingredients, including Beetroot, Rosemary, and Grapeseed Extract to mop up free radicals and reduce oxidative damage to muscle cells.
- Provides bio-available copper and vitamin B12 to support red blood cells and energy production.
- Contains no MSM.
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited ensuring our products are fully compliant with The Rules of Racing and FEI guidelines for Clean Sport.
- A highly palatable powder, on a full-fat linseed base, formulated to provide key micronutrients and ingredients to support joint and muscle health and recovery after intense exercise.
The unique blend of ingredients includes:
Collagen – an important compound needed to produce the water-based matrix or structural framework of the cartilage, to help give it strength and elasticity. (We use a sustainable and ethical source of marine collagen).
Hyaluronic acid – a key glycosaminoglycan (GAG) which helps to maintain the viscosity of the joint fluid, to lubricate the joint and act as a shock absorber.
Amino acids to provide the building blocks for the production of the amino sugars such as glucosamine, which is a structural subnit in the production of other glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which bind to the collagen matrix to help maintain strong and functional cartilage.
Key trace minerals manganese, silicon and copper, which all play important roles in the production of structural compounds such as chondroitin, as well as in the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. Copper also plays a key role in the red blood cell and haemoglobin production.
Boswellia and the boswellic acids, including AKBA, provide powerful plant-based support for the horse’s own anti-inflammatory systems.
Antioxidant vitamins C and E as well as plant-based antioxidants with many times the activity of vitamin E, including grapeseed extract, beetroot, and rosemary, help to mop up the free radicals produced during exercise and stress, which otherwise damage cells and result in a reduction in performance.
Additives (per kg): Nutritional additives: Copper (3b413 Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate) 2000mg, Manganese (3b506 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 1000mg, Vitamin E (3a700) 16,000mg, Vitamin C (3a312) 40,000mg, Vitamin B12 5mg. Sensory additives: Boswellia (2b) 140,000, Glycine (2b17034) 7513mg, Glutamic acid (2b620) 2200mg, Grapeseed extract (2b485) 600mg, Rosemary extract (2b) 2000mg. Technological additives: Monosilicic Acid (E551A) 2000mg, Butylated hydroxytoluene (E321) 100mg.
Composition: Linseed (micronized, full fat), Turmeric, Calcium Carbonate, Beetroot powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Collagen (Marine) hydrolysate, Hyaluronic Acid, Black Pepper).