Equine America Sandout Pellets 2.6kg
- Horses and ponies grazing sparse vegetation or given hay or feed spread out on sandy or very dry and dusty soils, can ingest varying amounts of sand.
- This sand can accumulate in the gut and cause digestive disturbances, adversely affecting the normal functioning of the gut.
- It is thought that this gelatinous psyllium helps to stimulate the muscular waves or peristalsis which pushes the contents of the gut along its length, helping to expel the excess sand which may have accumulated in the gut.
- Because of the abrasive nature of sand as it moves through the digestive system, the gut lining may be effected, upsetting the balance of the vital microbiome (“gut bugs”) which normally adheres to the gut lining. So Sandout Pellets also contains a probiotic to help restore a healthy microbiome.
- Sandout Pellets should be fed for 7 consecutive days in each month to avoid the gut and the microbiome becoming accustomed to the psyllium, and using it as a soluble fibre source rather than an aid to sand expulsion.
- Feeding for longer than 7 days should be discussed with your veterinary surgeon.
A digestive aid for horses or ponies grazing on sandy pastures.
· SUPPORT YOUR HORSE’S HEALTH – Horses can graze on sparse vegetation, be given hay or feed spread out on sandy or very dry and dusty soils, ingesting sand and causing poor gut health. Sand Out Pellets’ composition stimulates digestion to expel excess sand in the gut.
· NATURAL INGREDIENTS – This horse digestive supplement contains over 90% Psyllium husk and is high in fibre. This forms a gelatinous compound which stimulates gut muscle movement, moving blockages along without further damage.
· BALANCED DIGESTIVE HEALTH – For a healthy horse or pony and balanced diet, a yeast probiotic is included in the horse feed supplement to aid digestion and restore healthy microbiome damaged by sand ingestion.
· READY TO USE – Sand Out Pellets are feed supplements ready to use as part of a fully balanced diet. It is designed to work in the gut by absorbing moisture and aiding the natural digestive process. Do not pre-moisten with water or other liquids.
· FEED DIRECTIONS – One 2.6 kg tub will last the average horse 4 monthly courses of 7-consequtive days. Just add to regular feed for one week each month. Generally, for a 500kg horse, feed and do not exceed 90g per day.